Sunday, October 17, 2021

Oldest Chinatown


This blog is long overdue! But I am very excited to share to you all one of my favorite go-to places in old Manila which is at THE oldest Chinatown which is located at Binondo, Manila. There are so many things to do here and our favorite is to try authentic Chines cuisine at a very affordable price. During this pandemic, it is very hard to travel and since we live in Metro Manila, we visit this place once in a while (of course, with proper precautions by wearing face mask, face shield [inside establishments], bringing alcohols and safe social distancing. This post will be your virtual tour.

If you have not been to this side of Manila, I would highly recommend to make your way from Escolta down to Binondo. We used to ride public transportation like jeepney and then LRT. Used to reside in Makati so our route would be Gil Puyat in Pasay and then to LRT Carriedo Station. There are so many cool and old buildings sightings when you take this route instead. I personally love the vibes in Escolta. We also used to hangout at Fred's just inside the hub. 


Manila is steaming hot almost all throughout the year to it's better to wear light shirts, comfy shorts or trousers and then your comfiest sneakers because there will be a lot of walking! 

I will one a vintage (working) film camera one day. It's just too expensive to maintain one. 
AKA this hobby is really expensive lol


Inside Escolta HUB where Fred's is located. There is also a coffee shop inside and so many artisans.




The every famous egg tart there is. If I'm not mistaken, this is less than Php 50



You can never go wrong with Fried Siopao! It's my all time favorite.






I cannot count the number of times I've been to Binondo. There's just something about this place that very special to me. If schedule permits, I will talk about my fave restos from this place next time I post a blog. 

I also made a Vlog about this. You may visit this link here.

You may also click on the Youtube video below. 

Please subscribe to my channel and feel free to leave comments or recommendations below :)

Stay safe everyone! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...