Saturday, December 27, 2014

Year in Review

I can't believe 2014 is ending too soon! Personally, it has been great for me in so many levels. This year, I accomplished so many things and I've been through a lot of ups and downs. I lost a lot of people but on the brighter side, I gained tons and I am beyond blessed and grateful to everyone who has been and still is part of my life. To be honest, 2014 taught me a lot of lessons, from family to friends and everything in between. So before this great year is saying goodbye, I am sharing to you below the special moments I've experienced in the past 365 days with the people I trust the most. Below is my #YearInReview and I hope you had a fun year as much as I do! 
February-March | OJT in The Queen City of the South (Blog post here)
March 14 On that day, I turned 18 and it may not be as fancy as others (since I did not ask for any party) but it was a very special day for me (not just because it's my day) but I spent it with my father. If you know me too well, you know I'm not that close to my pops, maybe because he has been a very busy man ever since I was young, and still is today. That's why my family calls me THE "Mama's Girl" always! My Mom naman is in Africa, yes, she works there. Amazing, right? Btw, always wanna go explore the country. She wasn't able to make it to my birthday but I was still touched by her long ass message. I love you Mum! 

March 16 Araw ng Dabaw - Street Party and the people went loco over the party! Met a lot of new friends and covered in paint and color powders plus beer. It was a very crazy night that I was suppose to go to the other party (Liberalia) which was located on the other side of where I was... like really far from my current location, and wasn't able to make it through because of the crowd! There was a lot of people everywhere and I was near the stage that I can't make it to the taxi cab lane. And the fact that my friend (who was already in Liberalia bought me a ticket!) Really crazy that I have to cancel it. But on the other side, I had a great time! 

I forgot when was this but I know it's still during March, my birthday month. Since 2 of my barkadas celebrate their birthday on the same month, they surprised us with a humongous pizza from S&R which I wasn't really expecting. AT ALL! It was a calm afternoon and I was really starving that I could eat a person, but since I'm not a cannibal, I didn't do so. LOL! Just kidding xx Thank you friends! You're just simply the best. 
I LOVE GOING TO PARTIES... before. I don't know, it has just got into me that "I'm too old to party and it's time to just... CHILL". Yes, it's fun, but it gets boring somehow. But I'd still love to go to Tomorrowland too, soon! ;) 
K-12 Graduation | It's a huuuuge accomplishment to every Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
April 4-5 | Y'all know that the very highlight of my 2014 is this. Summerfrolic 2014 which was held in Dahican, Mati, Davao Oriental. It was THE BOMB, I tell you! (Read my long post about this event here #Summerfrolic2014 , just click the link) I am so looking forward to next year's Summerfrolic. I heard it's gonna be bigger and 10x better! 
Summerfrolic 2014 highlights 
Villa Amparo with my original BX. Beach Day blog post here.
May 16-17 | Ahhh, SarBay Fest. One of the craziest crowds I've ever been to in my life. This year, I got to spend it with one of my closest friends since high school daze! 
If you happen to miss out my blog post, here you go... #SarBayFest2014
HOLY MOTHER OF CHEESEBALLS (YES DUDE I AM ACTUALLY SCREAMING RIGHT NOW OF EXCITEMENT!!!) I know a lot of you don't like One Direction, and I am not against of it, now will I will ever be. Just, don't judge me. Lol! Have I told you how I've been a great fan (especially to my love, Niall Horan) and next year, on March, I am finally going to see them perform LIVE! And this is like, one of my motivations to ever do good at school. Haha! See you at the concert grounds!
Retreat 
Just click the link above to see more of everything! :)
#CarteBlanche2014
See more of the photos and videos on my Instagram: Eishelle Cellona
Black IS Everything  
'Tis the season... to be more okay with life.
I have 3 more months left in College. I am both excited and nervous about that!! Oh my goodness. This is it. The real life is it! Last 2 weeks ago, our thesis adviser finally gave us our final and finished product and dude, it was finally submitted in hardbound. Thankful, grateful, blessed and beyond happy about it! All the hard work, efforts, sleepless nights, and everything in between is finally paid off! 
"I sprained both of my ankles". Yes, it's true! I wasn't able to walk for 2 weeks straight. It was a very long story and I don't wanna talk about it anymore :( 
2014? A VERY GREAT YEAR!  Despite of all the calamities, disasters, wars, that happened this year, everyone who is alive and tryna be alive is thinking the brighter side of life. Which I am too! But this year, I lost a lot of people whom I trusted a lot. It was heartbreaking and sad, honestly speaking. And I don't want to think about it, but because of them, I gained so much nicer people. And to the friends I considered already my family who stayed with me all the time. Maybe not physically all the time but they were there when I needed them, when I needed someone to talk to. And you know who you are, always think that I am always here for you guys too no matter what. I am just a text away whenever you need me. 2014 taught me to be brave, to be independent, to choose the people to share your secrets to and stuff like that. 
That it's okay not to be okay... sometimes, it's okay to say "no" if you don't really want to, it's okay to cry if it's really heavy in your heart, that you have to say sorry to that particular person if you've done sh*t to him/her, it's okay to let go of things that is a burden to you, that you don't have to be perfect for people to like you and the most and most important thing is... you have to be yourself no matter what. 

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous 2015! Let's start the year by being more optimist and always thank Him through ups and downs in life. Work harder on things you want to accomplish and start a day with a smile. Live your life the way you want to and don't let anyone hinder that dream and keep your feet on the ground. Always. 
*To anyone who is having a hard time right now, I pray that you'll get through whatever that burden you have inside you. Always pray to God because He's the one who can help you at times when you feel like giving up. Be strong and always remember; STORMS DON'T LAST FOREVER. 
*To anyone who is living life to the fullest, don't stop chasing that dream you have but always keep in mind to moderate all the things you do. Having too much is bad and if you have spare, learn to give and share it to others too, and you'll be blessed more than you could ever imagine. Do something today that your future self will thank of.  

Leaving you with my favorite quote:
"Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, even when you don't see it yourself." -Edmund Lee, Lessons Learned in Life

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...